Forums » Support

Issues with location in profile

• 16 posts
    February 11, 2018 8:06 PM PST

Is there a way I can list my city, state and country in my profile without getting more specific than that?  We do parties and only give the address out to those who have registered.  I saw tonight that there was a street address in my profile.  It wasn't the party location but I don't want people to think it is and go there.  I then tried to change it to a more generic location for the city - Austin, Texas - but it has now put in a different street address and I'm worried people are going to show up there the night of our party and confuse whoever is there and be confused and angry themselves when there is no party.  Can you please change my profile to just Austin, Texas, USA or tell me how to do it?  Thanks.

• 99 posts
    February 12, 2018 8:56 AM PST

Hey,

goto https://foot-worship.net/member/edit-location

Then enter the prefered settings.

xoxo

FW

This post was edited by Foot Worship at February 12, 2018 8:57 AM PST
    • 16 posts
    February 12, 2018 9:47 AM PST

Yes, that's how I got to this point.  But if I just put in the City and State the system won't accept it unless I complete the Location field.  And if I select Austin, TX in the Location field it adds in a street address and adds a Latitude and Longitude of it's own choosing.  How do I get it to just show the City and State without getting more specific.

And the actual zip code is 78745 so it would be fine or even nice if it could also say that without nailing it down to a specific (and wrong) street address.  

• 99 posts
    February 13, 2018 5:50 AM PST

Oh okay, currently this is not possible, sorry

• 16 posts
    February 13, 2018 7:00 AM PST

Well, I see other members who only list their city and state.  For example, CajunCowboy shows as "Katy, Texas".  What are they doing differently?

• 99 posts
    February 13, 2018 7:37 AM PST

Hey check it now.  set long and lat to 0 both and it only shows austin, texas =)

• 16 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:18 AM PST

Well, it's also showing the Zip code as 78701 which is wrong but it's a big improvement and I'll take it. Thank you for your help.

• 99 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:59 AM PST

Whats the correct one?

Try to replace it.

• 16 posts
    February 13, 2018 12:15 PM PST

I should have thought of trying that myself.  I was able to fix it and do the same for my personal profile as well.  

Thanks very much.